News for Apr 19, 2022
Join us on Zoom this Sunday at 10 am. Our guest preacher will be Lynn Patner, MSW, a social worker and child advocate in San Mateo County for over twenty years. Her debut novel, “The Awakened Soul,” is about her decades-long spiritual quest to find her authentic self. Her primary question for us is: who are you and why are you here? She will discuss giving back to the world, and understanding the divine purpose of her inner wounds. After the service, the church council will meet. Join us on Zoom.
Upcoming events • Postcards with Polly: Today (Tuesday), 3–5 pm Join Polly at Jan’s house this afternoon to finish the stack of postcards to registered voters in Georgia, encouraging them to vote in the upcoming primaries. • Church council: Sun, Apr 24 (11:15 am), Zoom • Worship and Arts: Wed, Apr 20 (7 pm), Zoom • Weds. Discussion Group: Apr 27 (7 pm), Zoom We’re reading the Book of Susanna from the Apocrypha (also known as Daniel 13).
Links and resources • Ways to celebrate Earth Day
• “A Rose Touched by the Sun’s Warm Rays” (Berger)
• "I understood for just a second why we were alive: It was for each other" — Finn and the Bell, a moving audio documentary about life, death, and community
• "Let us not mock God with metaphor" — John Updike's poem on Easter
Quote of the week
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence and the truth comes to me.” —Albert Einstein
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at church
• Meditation group: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Sunday worship: 10 am
In person or on Zoom — watch the newsletter!
Image: Our 2022 Easter altar