News for Nov 10, 2020
Sunday, Nov 15:
This Sunday at our 10 am service, our guest preacher will be Rev. Irene Laudeman. She'll preach “On Joy, Justice, and Mercy.” Her texts are from Exodus and Anne Lamott. We will also welcome two new members to the College Heights Church community: Barbara O’Connor and Susanne Croft. The church council will meet after worship. Join us on Zoom at 10 am Sunday.
Events this week
• The new members group will meet Wednesday at 5:30 pm Jim Garrison and Jaye Martin will lead a discussion on the impact of the creative arts on our spirits. All are welcome. Join via Zoom. • Our monthly Taize service will be Friday at 7:30 pm. Join us in chant and image as we pray for healing after this tumultuous election. Join via Zoom.
Save the date: Sat, Nov 21
Our next in-person (and socially distanced) gathering at church will be Sat, Nov 21 from 1–3 pm. It will be either indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather. Bring your mask — plus non-perishable foods for Samaritan House.
Links and resources
• "You Can Be..." ABCs • Conspirare sings God Bless America
Quote of the week
"This command of Jesus [to love your enemies] challenges us with new urgency. Upheaval after upheaval has reminded us that modern humanity is traveling along a road called hate, in a journey that will bring us to destruction...Far from being the pious injunction of a utopian dreamer, the command to love one’s enemy is an absolute necessity for our survival. Love even for enemies is the key to the solution of the problems of our world. Jesus is not an impractical idealist: He is the practical realist." —Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am Click here to join
• Meditation chat: Wednesdays at 8 am Click here to join
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm Click here to join