News for Feb 22, 2022
Join us on Zoom this Sunday at 10 am. We'll hear from Stefan Waligur of the Community of Peace in Louisa, VA. The community is modeled on Taize, and has been his dream project for some years now. He writes much of the music they use, chants that are familiar to us like “Grant Peace to All,” “We are Beloved of God,” “Sing Al-le, Alleluia” and others. Join us on Zoom a few minutes before 10 am.
Check out our YouTube page to see recent sermons. Go to our archive of slides to see bulletins and slides used during services.
Resources from last Sunday:
• Valarie Kaur’s TED Talk
• “Surrounding You” by Barbara McAfee:
I wish you courage for the next step and the next.
I wish you peace in the middle of the storm.
I wish you unexpected joy, strength to see you through,
and a heart wide open to all the love surrounding you.
It’s surrounding you... we’re surrounding you. Upcoming events • Book group: Sun, Feb 27 (7 pm), Zoom
We'll meet to discuss chapters 11–12 of “Web of Meaning.” (For the March meeting, we’ll read “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig.)
• Ash Wednesday: Mar 2 (7 pm), in-person
A contemplative, Taizé-style service in person at the church. You may also join via Zoom.
• Worship and Arts committee: Mar 6, after chuch
Help us plan upcoming services.
Holy Week and Easter Services
In April, we plan to have the following services in-person. (Zoom options will also be available.)
• Maundy Thursday: April 14 (7 pm)
A contemplative service at CHC
• Good Friday: April 15, (7 pm)
A joint service with other local churches at CCSM
• Easter Sunday: April 17, 10 am
Easter Eucharist at CHC
Links and resources
• Free online conference from Convergence: “Courageous Faith: What is the future of spirituality?”
• “Sorry,” an Oscar-winning short film
• “O Death” (Rhiannon Giddens)
Quote of the week
“Treat every moment as your last. It is not preparation for something else.”
Weekly online events
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at Fiero Caffe
• Meditation: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
Usually on Zoom
Image: A recent service