News for Feb 8, 2022
Join us online this Sunday at 10 am. Rev. Linda Anson will be our guest preacher. She worked over 30 years in the Superior Court system. She calls her time in the ministry a gradual journey of transformation. Her personal vision for life is evolving and expanding and includes radical kindness to all human beings and choosing harmony and a world that works for everyone Join us on Zoom a few minutes before 10 am.
This Fri, Feb 11: Taizé
Join us at the church building for our monthly in-person Taizé service this Friday at 7:30 pm. The service will be indoors, and all are asked to mask. We'll have a reading by Thich Nhat Hanh. The Zoom room will be open for those who are unable to join us in person.
Heaven and Hell. Are they places? States of mind? Social constructs? Bring your ideas.
• Women's gathering: Sat, Feb 12 (2 pm), in person
A Valentine's Day tea party. The Zoom room will also open if you need to be remote. All women connected in any way to the church are invited!
• In-person service: Sun, Feb 20 (10 am)
Join us for our next in-person worship service Feb 20.
• Book group: Sun, Feb 27 (7 pm), Zoom
Links and resources
• Rhiannon Giddens: “I Shall Not Be Moved”
• Opinions on virtual worship:
• Garrett Morgan: His inventions made the world safer (via Portia)
• John McCutcheon: “Immigrant”
Quote of the week
“The resistance to the unpleasant situation is the root of suffering.”
Weekly online events
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at Fiero Caffe
• Meditation: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
Usually on Zoom
Image: Linda Anson