News for May 3, 2022
Join us on Zoom this Sunday at 10 am. We'll celebrate Mother's Day and Rev. Polly will preach “The Most Important,” using Mark 12:28-34 as her text. We’ll have communion. We'll continue our collection for Puente, a nonprofit that fosters wellness and prosperity on the San Mateo County south coast by promoting and advocating for equitable access to education, health, and economic security. Join us on Zoom.
Check out our YouTube page to see recent sermons. Go to our archive of slides to see bulletins and slides used during services.
Upcoming events • Discussion Group: Wed, May 11 (7 pm), Zoom
We'll talk about Daniel 14 (Bel and the Dragon)
• Worship & Arts: Wed, May 18 (7 pm), Zoom
Date change! (Previously scheduled for May 15.)
• Church picnic: Sun, Jun 5 (11 am–2 pm)
Butch will host this outdoor service and potluck in his backyard redwood grove.
• Lynne Shafsky memorial: Sat, Aug 6, (1:30 pm)
Join us in person to celebrate Lynne's life.
Links and resources • Monastic Fraternity of Jerusalem, Paris
• “Bendecid Su Nombre” by Dan Forrester
• The book group is reading “The Awakened Soul” by Lynn Patner. Discussion date TBA.
Quote of the week
“You can do what you want with a belief. But an experience does something with you.”
—D. H. Lawrence
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at church
• Meditation group: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Sunday worship: 10 am
In person or on Zoom — see the newsletter or this site for updates
Image: Some of the participants at the 2022 men's retreat