News for Nov 2, 2021
This Sun, Nov 7
This Sunday at 10 am, it's our annual Day of the Dead service. Set your clocks back Saturday night and join us in person at church. Please bring a mask, pictures or mementos of loved ones, and stories to share. We’ll sing the Litany of the Saints and share communion. The Worship & Arts Committee will meet after the service. If you can't come in person, join us via Zoom.
Watch last week's sermon
Giving Sunday: Samaritan House
Our special collection this Sunday will be for Samaritan House. We've contributed to this great organization in many ways over the years: Thanksgiving food distribution, monthly kitchen prep (“Isabel’s Girls” was their name for our group), clothing drives, and so on. Learn more about Samaritan House.
• Worship and Arts Committee: Sun, Nov 7 (11:30 am) Join us in person after our worship service to plan Advent, Christmas, and more. The Zoom room will be open for those who can't make it in person. • Wednesday discussion group: Wed, Nov 17 (7 pm), Zoom Join us for a (slightly out of sequence) discussion group. Topic: What gifts have our losses brought us? • Book group: Sun, Nov 28 (7 pm), Zoom We'll continue our discussion of Jeremy Lent’s “The Web of Meaning,” focusing on the third chapter (“The Most Important Relationship in Your Life”).
Links and resources
• Stefan Andre Waligur's new Taize-like community in Virginia
• “Abiqua Angels” by Polly’s brother Richard
• UCC Golden Gate Association fall gathering: Nov 6 at 10 am. Join on Zoom.
• Masterworks in-person concerts: Nov 13 and 14
Quote of the week
“Joy is the gift of love. Grief is the price of love.” —Valarie Kaur
Weekly online events
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at Fiero Caffe
• Meditation: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
Usually on Zoom