News for Sep 7, 2021
This Sun, Sep 12
This Sunday at 10 am, join us for worship online. We’ll celebrate Grandparents’ Day. Come with stories about your grandparents — or about your own experiences of being a grandparent. If you have a picture, bring that too. Join us via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am.
Taizé service in person this Friday
This Fri, Sep 10 at 7:30 pm, join us for our first in-person Taizé service in 18 months. We’ll be inside (with doors open), masked, and distanced, but we’ll be able to sing together. Poetry by James Agee. The Zoom room will be open, with a view of the candles on the altar table.
Upcoming events on Zoom
• New members' group: Wed, Sep 8 (5:30 pm)
We'll have an extended discussion of all the musicals we’ve revisited this month. Everyone is invited.
• Book group: Sun, Sep 26 (7 pm)
We'll discuss “Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants” by Robin Wall Kimmerer.
• Worship and Arts Committee: Wed, Oct 6 (7 pm)
Join us as we plan upcoming worship services and themes.
Links and resources
• Music and a tour of New Camaldoli Hermitage
• What are the Jewish High Holy Days?
• Indigenous Christians: a Bible “Made By Us, For Us”
• This 1933 Diego Rivera mural showed baby Jesus being vaccinated.
Quote of the week
“Live simply so others may simply live.” —Gandhi
Weekly online events
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at Fiero Caffe
• Meditation: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
Usually on Zoom
Click here to join all church events on Zoom.
Image: A still from the New Camaldoli Hermitage video.