News for Dec 29, 2020
This Sun, Jan 3
This Sunday at 10 am, Kevin Doyle will offer a message on hope. He writes: “There's a light at the end of the tunnel. The inside might be as black as the night, but at the end of the tunnel there's a light. We can see the light, but are still in the dark, and need to keep chugging along with caution, perseverance, and a positive attitude.” It's also a communion Sunday, so we encourage you to bring your own bread and cup. Join via Zoom.
Events this Wed, Dec 30
• Meditation chat at 8 am: Meditate on your own at 7 am, then join us for a discussion at 8. Join via Zoom.
• New members' group at 5:30 pm: Our topic is self-care during COVID. All are welcome. Join via Zoom.
Save the date: women’s retreat
We’re not going to the coast this year — at least not in January. But we can gather anyway! Plan to join us on Zoom on Sat, Jan 30 from 4:30–6 pm Pacific. More details later. PS: You can invite your friends too, since our virtual dining room is very large!
Links and resources
• The 5 Browns play “Sleigh Ride”
• Snow art by Simon Beck
• Cai Thomas sings Mozart's Laudete Dominum
• “Dona Nobis Pacem” from the Portland State duo who sang the spontaneous Star Spangled Banner
Quote of the week
"What we have loved, others will love, and we will show them how." — William Wordsworth in “The Prelude”
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am Click here to join
• Meditation chat: Wednesdays at 8 am Click here to join
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm Click here to join