News for Dec 7, 2021
This Sun, Dec 12
This Sunday at 10 am, join us in person. Congregant David Wartman will preach, and we'll have communion. (To sing with the choir, join us before the service at 9 am to rehearse "Comfort, Comfort Ye My People.") The Zoom room will be open for those unable to join in person.
Last week's sermon
On Dec 5, Rev. Polly read a speech on music by Dr. Karl Paulnack. See the slides we used in worship.
Faith in Action petition
Faith in Action Bay Area has launched an anti-displacement campaign to address needs of tenants in Redwood City who experience unfair eviction notices, poor building conditions, and harassment from their landlords. They ask for your support in signing this Petition for Decent and Healthy Housing. Anyone can sign, regardless of where they live.
• Wednesday discussion group: Wed, Dec 8 (7 pm), Zoom Continued stories of gifts from our losses • Choir practice: Wed, Dec 15 (7 pm), in person Join us as we prepare to sing for the Christmas Eve service. Singers' masks will be provided (or bring your own). • Christmas Eve Service of Lessons and Carols: Fri, Dec 24 (8 pm), in person Bring your visiting friends and relatives. (If you're singing in the choir, join us at 6:30 pm for rehearsal.) • Worship and Arts committee: Wed, Jan 5 (7 pm), Zoom All are welcome to help us plan worship. • Book group: Sun, Jan 23 (7 pm), Zoom We'll meet to discuss chapter 4 of “Web of Meaning,” on the patterns of the universe.
Links and resources
• “Nature. Beauty. Gratitude" (TEDxSF talk) • Gabriel’s Oboe (from last Sunday) • In Catholic Italy, "de-baptism" gains popularity • Indonesian choir sings Anglea’s “Jubilate Deo”
Quote of the week
“Remember, the music is not in the piano.” —Clement Mok
Weekly online events
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at Fiero Caffe
• Meditation: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
Usually on Zoom