News for Jan 19, 2021
This Sun, Jan 24
This Sunday, Rev. Polly Moore will preach a sermon titled “How the Light Gets In." Her text is 1 Corinthians 13: 8–13. She'll talk about looking forward with hope and humility — aided by geometry. Join via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am Pacific.
Later on Sunday, the book group will have its concluding discussion on Olive Kitteridge. Join them at 5 pm using our one and only Zoom link: collegeheights.us/zoom.
Donate food to Abundant Grace
As part of the National Day of Service, the Shafskys are organizing a nonperishable food collection for our brothers and sisters in need. Drop off your food contributions in the box in the church sanctuary between now and Feb 14. They'll donate the food to Abundant Grace Coastside Worker.
• Women's retreat: Sat, Jan 30 (4:30–6 pm) Members and friends are all welcome at this annual event (being held online this year). • Deep sharing exercise: Sun, Feb 14 (4–5:15 pm) Roy Gesley writes: “You are invited to participate in an experience of deep sharing in pairs. If you are interested, read this explanation on the deep sharing process.” To sign up or ask questions, email Roy.
Links and resources
• “Wings of a Dove” from Celtic Psalms • Congressional chaplain speaks about Jan 6 • A newsletter focusing on good news • The People's Inauguration, a 10-day online event with Valarie Kaur, Brian McLaren, Rev. William Barber II, Sister Simone Campbell, and others
Quote of the week
“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
• Meditation discussion: Wednesdays at 8 am
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm