News for Jul 12, 2022
This Sunday: In-person service
Join us in person this Sunday at 10 am. Marilyn Garrison will be giving the message, revisiting the “Little House on the Prairie” books. Contact Marilyn if you can help with set-up, altar, or coffee hour. The church council will meet after worship. If you can't come in person. If you can't come in person, join us on Zoom a few minutes before 10 am.
Upcoming events • Weds discussion group: Jul 13 (7 pm), Zoom
Continued close reading of the Didache, including a discussion of views of abortion in the first century. All are welcome.
• Book group: Sun, Jul 24 (7 pm), Zoom
“The Dictionary of Lost Words” by Pip Williams
• Lynne Shafsky memorial: Sat, Aug 6, (1:30 pm)
Please bring a mask
• Women's retreat: Sep 2–5, in person
Belmont yard sale to end medical debt
We’re participating in a multi-church yard sale at the Congregational Church of Belmont. It's a fundraiser for the nonprofit RIP Medical Debt, which helps low-income families free themselves from medical debt. The yard sale will be Sat, Aug 27 from 9 am–3 pm. Start looking for items at your house that could use a new home! More details (PDF download). Please contact Polly if you can help organize our participation in this event.
Resources and links
• Abundant Grace Coastside Worker is in need of bath towels. If you can contribute, please contact Butch.
• Osprey nest webcam in Richmond
• Anne Lamott op-ed on prayers at high school football games
• Cormac Thompson sings “In the Arms of an Angel”
Quote of the week
”You don’t have to become something you’re not to be better than you were.”
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Usually on Zoom; third Mondays at church
• Meditation group: Wednesdays at 7:30 am
In person at the church building
• Sunday worship: 10 am
In person or on Zoom — see the newsletter or this site for updates
Image: Laura Ingalls Wilder, the author of the “Little House on the Prairie” books