News for Mar 9, 2021
This Sun, Mar 14
This Sunday, our guest preacher is Eric DeBode. Eric is executive director of the Abundant Grace Coastside Worker, where he runs job-readiness programming for people experiencing homelessness. He'll ask “What kind of God brings light out of darkness?” He'll examine the scripture where the Persian king “allows the Hebrews to resettle in Judah and build a temple in Jerusalem. We will explore how this story connects to the profound notion of a God who brings light out of darkness throughout history and in our very own lives.” Join us via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am Pacific.
• New members' group: Wed, Mar 10 (5:30 pm)
Topic: “How we know what we know.” All are welcome.
• Taizé service: Fri, Mar 12 (7:30 pm)
Join us for a service of chant and contemplation.
• Deep Sharing event: Sun, Mar 14 (3:15–5 pm)
Join Roy for a second sharing event. Find info here, or contact Roy.
• Book group: Sun, Mar 28 (5 pm)
“The Alphabet Versus the Goddess” (chapter 15 to the end of the book)
• Special service: Regathering in person? Sun, Apr 11 (10 am)
During the worship service, we'll discuss when/how we might gather in person.
• Discussion: What's Next for CHC? Sat, Apr 24 (10 am–12 pm)
A discussion on what comes after Rev. Polly’s turn as pastor pro tem
Links and resources
Quote of the week
“I care about the diversity of the mindset of the people creating our future, and the windows through which we see it, and the tools we use to build it.”
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
• Meditation discussion: Wednesdays at 8 am
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm