News for Jun 15, 2021
This Sun, Jun 20
This Sunday at 10 am, Marilyn will lead a discussion of Solstice celebrations, and we'll honor fathers. After worship, we'll have a church council meeting (which all are welcome to attend). Join us via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am Pacific.
Listen to last Sunday's sermon
Last Sunday, Rev. Polly preached about how our sacred spaces come to reflect the stories of the people who worship there. We visited several very interesting churches in France that incorporate local legends in surprising ways. Watch her message or see our worship slides.
July 4: Our next in-person service
Save the date for our next in-person worship service on Sun, Jul 4. It will be a similar format to last Sunday, and you'll be able to join on Zoom if you can't come in person. We are still learning how to do these hybrid services. If you have ideas or comments based on your experience last Sunday, please email email@example.com.
Upcoming events on Zoom
• Book group: Sun, Jun 27 (7 pm)
• Isabel Stenzel Byrnes: Sun, July 11 (11 am)
On July 11, our speaker will be the co-author of "The Power of Two: A Twin Triumph Over Cystic Fibrosis."
Links and resources
• Blaise Pascal’s “Memorial” (read last week at Taizé) • For Twitter seminarian, sassiness is a spiritual gift • Ashtabula, OH has first Pride with UCC help • "Amazing Grace" on London Station piano • An ecumenical guide to regathering safely
Quote of the week
“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” —Joseph Campbell
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
• Meditation discussion: Wednesdays at 8 am
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Image: The table during our recent outdoor service