News for May 11, 2021
This Sun, May 16
This Sunday, we'll explore the poetry of David Whyte (right). The meditation group has been listening to and discussing Whyte’s poetry for many weeks now, so we are sharing him with everyone else. Join us via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am Pacific.
June 6 in-person worship
Our council is still deciding how and when to resume regular in-person worship. In the meantime, join us for an experimental in-person worship service at 10 am on Sun, Jun 6. We'll meet outside the church building for an outdoors service (like we usually do at our annual June picnic, but with masks). If you can't come in person, join us on our usual Zoom link for informal conversation before and after the service. Food/coffee hour: Out of an abundance of caution, we will not have a potluck or other shared food during this event. However, feel free to bring your own food and drink for after the service.
• New members' group: Wed, May 12 (5:30 pm) How do you discuss dreams? How have dreams affected your life? (This meeting has moved from its originally scheduled date of May 5.)
• Taizé service: Fri, May 14, (7:30 pm) Join us for a service of contemplation and chant. • Book group:Sun, May 23 (5 pm) We’ll be discussing “The Cloister” by James Carroll.
• Deep Sharing event: Sun, Jun 13 (3–5 pm) Join CHC members for our third Deep Sharing event. Find info here.
Links and resources
• Lutherans elect Megan Rohrer as first transgender bishop • Five minutes that will make you love choral music • This week's religion news quiz: breaking a Ramadan fast, and nuns' new app • The pandemic drove some pastors to quit • Berkeley falcon cam: 3 chicks have hatched
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
• Meditation discussion: Wednesdays at 8 am
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm