News for May 25, 2021
This Sun, May 30
This Sunday, congregation member Susanne Croft will preach on sacred spaces. After the service, the Worship & Arts Committee will meet to plan future worship services. Join us via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am Pacific.
June 6 in-person worship
Worship & Arts chair Marilyn writes: “On June 6 at 10 am, we will have our first in-person service in over a year. We'll meet on the lawn in front of church. Since we’ll be having this service outdoors, our theme will be how we find God, comfort, or inspiration in nature. You are welcome to bring a poem, quote, or story to share."
Health and safety: Please bring a mask. Out of an abundance of caution, we will not have a potluck or shared food during this event. However, feel free to bring your own food and drink for after the service.
Upcoming events on Zoom
• New members' group: Wed, May 26 (5:30 pm)
We'll continue our exploration of dreams. All are welcome.
• Deep Sharing event: Sun, Jun 13 (3–5 pm) Join CHC members for our third Deep Sharing event. Find info here.
• Book group: Sun, Jun 27 (7 pm)
Please note the new time. We’ll continue discussing “The Cloister.” For July 25, we’ll read “Neither Wolf nor Dog” by Kent Nerburn (who will be our guest preacher that morning).
Links and resources
• Angela Kraft Cross of CCSM plays Clerambault • Churches grapple with vaccinated and unvaccinated worshippers • “Unsung Hero” — a most unusual ad • Coping with the trauma of the pandemic • "Religion entered into me:" a talk with Jane Goodall
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
• Meditation discussion: Wednesdays at 8 am
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Click here to join all church events on Zoom.
Image: The labyrinth in Chartes Cathedral