News for May 18, 2021
This Sun, May 23
This Sunday, wear something red as we celebrate the Feast of Pentecost. Rev. Terri Echelbarger of Many Journeys MCC is the guest preacher.. Join us via Zoom a few minutes before 10 am Pacific.
June 6 in-person worship
Our council is still deciding how and when to resume regular in-person worship. In the meantime, join us for an experimental in-person worship service at 10 am on Sun, Jun 6. We'll meet outside the church building for an outdoors service (like we usually do at our annual June picnic, but with masks). If you can't come in person, join us on our usual Zoom link for informal conversation before and after the service. Food/coffee hour: Out of an abundance of caution, we will not have a potluck or other shared food during this event. However, feel free to bring your own food and drink for after the service.
• Book group:Sun, May 23 (5 pm) We’ll be discussing “The Cloister” by James Carroll.
• Deep Sharing event: Sun, Jun 13 (3–5 pm) Join CHC members for our third Deep Sharing event. Find info here.
Links and resources
• The nun who wants you to remember you will die
• Paul Kingsnorth's journey through Buddhism, Wicca, and Orthodox Christianity
• An 8-year-old Russian ice skater • Sound alchemy: “On earth as it is in heaven” • Special meeting of NCNC-UCC on whether to accept an offer to sell Camp Cazadero
Weekly online events
• Worship service: Sundays at 10 am
• Meditation discussion: Wednesdays at 8 am
• Women's group: Mondays at 1 pm
Click here to join all church events on Zoom.
Image: Art depicting Pentecost, from a 15th-Century French book of hours